Main Article Content
A field experiment was conducted during kharif 2018 at the Agronomy Main Research Farm, Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubaneswar to study the effect of Integrated weed management in blackgram. The experiment was laid out in a randomized block design with a total of eight treatments replicated thrice. Important predominant grass, sedge and broad-leaved weeds found in the experimental field were Eleusine indica (12.6%), Cyperus rotundus (8.9%) and Celosia argentea (9.7%), respectively. Severe weed competition in kharif blackgram recorded a yield loss of 66.7% in this experiment. Post Emergence application of Imazethapyr @ 0.75 kg/ha at 120 Days after sowing followed by one Hand Weeding at 30 DAS recorded lowest weed density (25.33 no./m2), weed dry weight (38.98 g/m2); highest weed control efficiency (83.4%) and lowest weed index (7.0%) at harvest.
2. Zokovskij PM. Cultivated plants and their relatives, Commonwealth Agriculture Bureau London; 1962.
3. Patel KR, Patel BD, Patel VJ, Darji VB. Bio-efficacy of herbicides against weeds in blackgram. Indian Journal of Weed Science. 2015;47:78-81.L. Sharma, Bhusan B. Returns from pulses in different region for Rajsthan at alternative rice scenario. Agricultural science Digest. 2019; 39(1):1-7.
4. Rao AS, Rao GS, Ratnam M. Bio-efficacy of sand mix application of preemergence herbicides alone and in sequence with imazethapyr on weed control in relay crop of blackgram, Pak. J. Weed Sci. Res. 2010;16(3):279-285.
5. Dungarwal HS, Chaplot PC, Nagda BL. Chemical weed control in mungbean (Phaseolus radiates L.). Indian Journal of Weed Science. 2003;35:283-284.
6. Meylemans SB, Damme UR, Van P. Critical period of weed competition for blackgram (Vigna mungo L.) in Sri Lanka, Mededelingen - Faculteit Landbouwkundige en Toegepaste Biologische Wetenschappen Universiteit Gent. 1994;59:1351-1360.
7. Shweta, Singh VK. Integrated weed management in urd bean during kharif season. Indian Journal of Weed Science. 2005;37:121-122.
8. Chaudhari VD, Desai LJ, Chaudhari SN, Chaudhari PR. Effects of weed management on weeds, growth and yields of summer greengram [Vigna radiata L.], The Bioscan. 2016;11(1):531-534.
9. Sai NK. Effect of date of sowing and weed management techniques on yield of blackgram (Vigna mungo L.), M.Sc. (Ag.) (thesis), Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Raipur; 2018.
10. Kaur G, Brar HS, Singh G. Effect of weed management on weeds, nutrient uptake, nodulation, growth and yield of summer mungbean (Vigna radiata), Indian Journal of Weed Science. 2010;42(1&2):114-119.
11. Singh RK, Verma A, Singh DK. Effect of weed management practices on yield of greengram (Vigna radiata L.) and weed population under guava based agrihorticultural system in Vindhyan region. Environment and Ecology. 2015;33(4B): 1932- 1935.
12. Tiwari VK, Yadav RS, Mahajan R, Namdev B, Kumar S. Effect of weed management practices on yield attribution of urd bean under late sown. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2018;7(1):742-746.
13. Rathi PK, Rathi JPS, Singh OP, Rajiv B. Production and economics of greengram under various row spacing in relation to weed control methods. Plant Archives. 2008;8(1):47.
14. Harithavardhini J, Jayalalitha K, Ashoka Rani Y, Krishnaveni B. Efficacy of post emergence herbicides on weed control efficiency partitioning of drymatter and yield of blackgram (Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper). International Journal of Food, Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences. 2016; 6(2):39-44.
15. Venkata Rao P, Subbarami Reddy A, Sateesh Babu J, Ramana MV. Integrated weed management practices for improved productivity and economics in mungbean (Vigna radiata (L.). Journal of Research ANGRAU. 2017;45(1):32-38.
16. Nagender T. Studies on integrated weed management in greengram (Vigna radiata L.), M.Sc. (Ag.) (thesis), Acharya N. G. Ranga. Agricultural University, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad; 2014.